Penmynydd on the Isle of Anglesey, off the northwest coast of Wales.The area is the ancestral lands of the Tudors and the great-great aunt/uncle of Henry VII are buried at the church.The Welsh translation: "Unity is like a rose on a river bank, and like a House of Steel on the top of a mountain". The Welsh of "House of Steel" is Ty Dur, or Tudor.The Beaufort portcullis was used by the Tudors since Margaret Beaufort was the source of Henry VII's thin claim to the throne.
The ironstone - Commissioned in late 2008 by The Dulais Valley Partnership, this sculpture is sited in khartoum Park on the outskirts of a village called Onllwyn in South Wales. The idea was inspired by the numerous standing stones found locally and incorporates celtic La-Tene decoration, industrial imagery ( on the reverse side) as well as a Spanish inscription to commemorate men from Onllwyn who died in Spain fighting in the Spanish Civil War. The finished work is untreated cast iron.
Chepstow Castle (Welsh: Cas-gwent), located in Chepstow, Monmouthshire in Wales, on top of cliffs overlooking the River Wye, is the oldest surviving post-Roman stone fortification in Britain. Its construction was begun under the instruction of the Norman Lord William FitzOsbern, soon made Earl of Hereford, from 1067
Tomb of Rhys ap Thomas at St. Peter's Church in Carmarthen - Rhys ap Thomas (1449–1525) was a Welsh soldier and landholder who rose to prominence during the Wars of the Roses, and was instrumental in the victory of Henry Tudor at the Battle of Bosworth Field. He remained a faithful supporter of Henry and was rewarded with lands and offices in South Wales. He is also notable for having possibly delivered the death blow to King Richard III at Bosworth with his poleaxe.
Dewi guards the entrance to Min-y-Don Holiday Home and Touring Park at the foot of Harlech Castle, Wales, a World Heritage Site. Stories that Dewi comes alive and happily breathes a bit of fire around the castle at night are, of course, purely fictitious. Or so they say...
Y Bont Fawr - Llanwrst. A 17th century stone bridge over the River Conwy at Llanrwst. The ivy-clad Tu Hwnt i'r Bont National Trust tearooms on the other side used to be the court house. The bridge was built in 1636, reputedly by Inigo Jones.