There’s more to see...
Come take a look at what else is here!

A look at the Past


A look at the Past

  • 31 Pins

Queen Anne style, Sheffield, AL => with 2 conical roof-line structures. Very pleasant to look at.

dazeerae's image

s306.photobucket.com

Accessories - Teal Jeweled Bracelet

Teal Jewelry | Extraordinary & Dynamic Lifestyles

sophiajd.wordpress.com

old school hubba hubba

Bell Bottoms, 1969

Woodstock

Woodstock

love the red car

Queen Mary with Delhi Durbar tiara and necklace, stomacher, five-row diamond & pearl collar and an extra diamond necklace above it.

1/4 plate dag. Wood shack [cabin] of Moses Warren, miner’s wood shack. Shaving mirror on front porch, wood for another shack in background

Vintage unmounted albumen print, ca. 1900. Titled in the negative "S.V.B. Photo. Long Beach Cal. 456." With the photographer's imprint in ink on reverse "Shirley V. Bacon / Southern Cal. Prints / Photographer / Kodak Developing & Finishing / also Supplies / Long Beach, Cal."

Sutro Baths SF

UNION HOUSE BIDWELL BAR CA. A fire destroyed the first Union House (also known as Fitzgerald House) August 2 1854 along with most of the town

Los Angeles, 1899.

1897-Victorian Home, Los Angeles Exterior front view of the Victorian style home and carriage house of Aaron M. Ozmun at 3131 South Figueroa Street, Los Angeles, circa 1897. Bradbeer & Ferris were the architects.

View of 200 block of West Center Street, Anaheim, CA, looking east; image shows south side of the street, with the Fashion Stables, established by Lafayette Lewis in 1872 at far right, next to the Anaheim and Wilmington Stage Office; large brick building in center of image is the old Langenberger building; the next structure, at the corner of Lemon and Center Streets, is the Commercial Hotel, showing the corner of the two-story wood-frame hotel with balcony.

First residence of Peter Weisel, located along west side of Walnut Street north of Ball Road, Anaheim, built ca. 1895 by architect Hans Larson (who later married Peter Weisel's daughter, Della); house was purchased in 1905 by Julian O. Royer and in 1936 by Lutheran Home, and torn down in 1954; property is now the site of the Walnut Manor Lutheran Home (1401 West Ball Road); image shows three-story wood-frame house with covered porches on all three levels.

Effect of Earthquake in San Francisco, 21 Oct. 1868 cdv by Muybridge

There's not much left of the Sutro Baths (SF), just some concrete foundations that hint at the grandeur of the former indoor pool and bath house. This was no rec pool or day spa. When it opened in 1896, Sutro Baths was the world's largest indoor bathing facility.

H. Clay Kellogg House, Santa Ana, 1903 There are no known copyright restrictions on this image. All future uses of this photo should include the courtesy line, "Photo courtesy Orange County Archives."

Isaac Wallace Baker in front of Batchelder's Daguerrian Saloon, California, ca 1851.

Bodie wagon

Hollywoodland Sign

"On the wharves, San Francisco, 1900." Moored schooners' masts form a wall around the dock. By Henry G. Peabody

Stewart Hotel Fire, San Bernardino, CA [graphic]

Street scene on Third below "D" Street [graphic] -- San Bernardino, California