More to explore:
cheese ball covered in almonds to look like a pine cone! Cute idea for a gathering.
Festive "pine cone" cheese ball!
- 1-1/4 cups whole, plain almonds
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/3 cup pepperoni, chopped (Bacon would be good too…I just didn’t have any.)
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 1/2 cup pepper jack cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper
- Sprigs of rosemary, for garnish
(1) Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Spread almonds out on a baking sheet, and bake for 20 minutes.
** I actually forgot this step, but my cheese rounds turned out fine. I imagine toasted almonds would taste better, but I honestly didn’t miss them.
(2) In a large bowl, soften the cream cheese with a spoon/spatula. Add the pepperoni, diced jalapeno, and grated cheese. Season with salt/pepper to taste. Chill overnight.
(3) On a serving platter, divide cheese mixture into 2 portions and shape each like a pine cone.
** I used my hands to roll each portion into balls, then gently squeezed and pressed one end to a create a more narrow point.
(4) Press the almonds at a slight angle into the cheese, starting at the narrow end of the pine cone shape.
(5) Do this in rows, continuing to overlap rows until all the cheese is covered.
(6) Garnish with fake sprigs, or real ones, or with rosemary.
(7) Serve at room temperature with crackers or toasted crostini.
Almond Pine Cone Cheeseball
almond pinecone cheese ball
How to Make Chocolate Pine Cones | OhNuts.com- pick up a little bakery cake and make these easy truffles to have a knock-out dessert!
Pine cone cheese ball #splendidholiday I don't normally go for the cheese ball, but this one is irresistible!
Chocolate Pine Cones made with chocolate fudge and almonds. Easy and so perfect for a rustic Thanksgiving dessert!
DIY HOLIDAY: Snowman Cheese Ball. What a great idea for a Christmas party.
Chocolate Pine Cones made with chocolate fudge and almonds -beautiful!
Christmas decoration by herz-allerliebst, via Flickr
Pinecone Table GarlandI know where there are some very large cutting blocks
Pumpkin cheese ball
Pine cone wreath
Christmas Tree Pine Cones in Plaster - The Crafty Crow
How cute, inexpensive snowflakes and pinecones with pretty ribbon = Pretty Christmas decor!!
I love pine cones... love the natural look, the different colors of the brown/grey and the wooden texture. They are so decorative and mix so well with shiny cream white christmas tree balls.