Oconomowoc WI. Masonic Center Built by Mississippi riverboat Captain John Scudder in 1895 as a summer residence it was locally known as “Scudder’s cottage.” Every room had a fireplace. Distinguished guests were Samuel Langhorne Clemens (Mark Twain), songwriter Alfred Robyn, composer Percieval Thorne, and local opera star William Wegener to name a few
Maribel Caves Hotel - Located in Maribel, WI and more commonly known to locals as "Hotel Hell". Built in 1900, this is one of the longest standing hotels still standing but not occupied.The building burned three times and each time on the exact same date. It was rebuilt twice. The first fire was in the 1920s. The last fire was in 1930 and everybody died in their sleep.