St. Dunstan-in-the-East was a Church of England parish church halfway between London Bridge and the Tower of London. There has been a church on this site since approximately 1100. The church was destroyed in 1941 during the London Blitz of WW2. The scarred and blackened walls of the old church remain and now surround a tranquil area designated as a peace garden. Very cool!
The interior and chancel of St Martin's Church, Canterbury, Kent. St Martin's is the oldest church in the English speaking world, it was the private chapel of Queen Bertha of Kent, circa 6th century. In the 19th century a hoard of gold coins dating from the 6th century were found buried in the churchyard.. By B Lowe