More to explore:
strawberry balsamic pizza with chicken, sweet onions and applewood bacon
Balsamic Strawberry Pizza with Chicken, Sweet Onion and Applewood Smoked Bacon
½ cup strawberry jam or preserves, I used my Strawberry-Pineapple Freezer Jam, use your favorite
¼ cup balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon sriracha chili sauce
1 ball pizza dough, your favorite or this recipe or a purchased ball of dough*
1 cup diced or shredded chicken breast, from rotisserie chicken or left over chicken of any kind
½ cup applewood smoked bacon, cut in 1 inch pieces, cooked and drained
1/2 cup thin sliced sweet onion
12 ounces shredded Italian blend cheese, I used Sargento, but whatever you like best is fine
¼ cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
¼ cup fresh strawberries, diced small
1. Place pizza stone or sheet pan on middle rack of oven. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Place balsamic vinegar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 4-5 minutes or until reduced to half of original volume and mixture is thick and syrupy. Add strawberry preserves and sriracha and mix well. Set aside to cool.
3. Pat or roll out pizza dough on a lightly floured surface to approximately a 14 inch circle. Shape does not have to be perfect, this is a rustic pizza. Place a piece of parchment paper, slightly larger than your dough on a pizza peel or an upside down sheet pan. (The parchment paper will make your transfer of the pizza to the oven infinitely easier!) Sprinkle parchment paper lightly with cornmeal. Fold dough in quarters and place on parchment paper, then unfold.
4. Combine chicken with 2 tablespoons of the balsamic-strawberry mixture and mix to coat all chicken with sauce. Pour rest of sauce onto pizza dough and spread to cover. Leave a 1 inch border all around the edge.
5. Place about 3/4 of the cheese on top of dough and spread to cover sauce evenly. Scatter chicken, bacon and sweet onion over cheese to distribute evenly. Scatter remaining cheese over this layer.
6. Slide parchment paper with pizza on top onto stone or cookie sheet. Bake for approximately 8-10 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and crust is golden brown. Watch carefully, at this temperature it is easy to burn the pizza!
7. Remove from oven and let cool slightly, 1-2 minutes. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro and fresh diced strawberries. Serve and enjoy!
*You can purchase pizza dough from Whole Foods, Trader Jo's and many grocery stores. Often pizzerias will sell a ball of dough for very cheap.
Strawberry Balsamic Pizza Pie w/ Chicken, Sweet Onion and Applewood Bacon; oh my gosh that sounds good :) relatively easy too!
Strawberry Balsamic Pizza w/ Chicken, Onion, Bacon
Strawberry Balsamic Bacon Pizza ~ an unlikely combination that is surprisingly amazingly delicious!
strawberry basil pizza
Strawberry Balsamic Chicken Recipe | gimmesomeoven.com
peach and balsamic flatbread with mozzarella, goat cheese and basil. Nom Nom Nom
My first time making cheesecake! Cheesecake Minis with Strawberry Balsamic Mint Topping #BringOutTheSilver #Recipe #Cheesecake
Baked Brie with Balsamic Strawberries - a quick and easy summer appetizer!
Balsamic Onion, Bacon, and Goat Cheese Pizza. Bet this tastes great.
Strawberry Bruschetta- THE perfect bite- only change would be to use fresh dill in place of basil.
Strawberry Bruschetta -- goat cheese, strawberries, and a drizzle of balsamic. » Great appetizer for Easter.