Spicy Lobster & Crispy Rice
Published on September 22, 2022
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Serving Size: 1 serving
Spicy Lobster Crispy Rice & Jalapeño with Cilantro/Serrano Sauce...I love Nobu's crispy rice but I gave it a MAJOR twist (the Mexican in me made me do it 🙈🇲🇽).
1 lb lobster (chopped).
- •1/4 cup Japanese mayo (kewpie).
- •2-3 tbsp sriracha.
- •1 tsp sesame oil.
- •2 tsp soy sauce (I used shoyu).
- •1 serrano pepper (optional and minced, adjust if you want it less hot).
- •2 tbsp chives.
- •1/4 tsp cane sugar (optional but recommended).
- •1 cup sushi rice (wash it really well, 3-4 times until the water is no longer white. Soak it for about 20-30 min).
- •2 tbsp rice vin.
- •1 tbsp cane sugar.
- •pinch of salt.
•1 jalapeño slice per square.
- •2 tbsp chopped chives.
- •2 tbsp chopped cilantro.
- •1 lemon.
- •1/2 chopped serrano pepper.
•2-3 tbsp tamari.
- •1.- Cut up your lobster pretty small.
- •2.- mix everything for the sauce. Add in the lobster.
- •3.- Cook your rice with 2 1/4 cups of water.
- •4.- mix the vinegar, sugar and salt. Add to warm rice.
- •5.- place the rice in a container and freeze for 1 hr ish if you start hot.
- •6.- Cut in it cubes/squares and fry with neutral oil like avocado until golden (I like mine on the thin side but you can cut to any thickness). Add the jalapeño until brown and crispy.
7.-serve lobster over the rice.