Tiara from a sapphire parure designed for the Tsarina Alexandra at the beginning 20thC by Friedrich Koechli, a Swiss jeweller in St Petersburg who became court jeweller in 1902. Intertwined scrolls in which 16 sapphires are set mounted in gold. The diamonds are mounted in silver and linked with gold.
This crown belonged to Richard II’s first queen, Anne of Bohemia, and is a fine example of the ornate Bohemian style. After Henry IV’s accession it was given to his daughter Blanche, who brought it to Germany when she married the Elector Palatine Ludwig III; it now resides in the Residenz in Munich.