More to explore:
York Peppermint Brownies. My favorite desserts!
***York Peppermint Paddy Brownies*** These brownies are super sweet and super rich ~ the best combination of flavors - mint and chocolate!
York Peppermint Patty Brownies! Sweet baby jesus
York Peppermint Brownies
Yield: 40 small brownies, they are very rich...cut them small
Time: 45 minutes + refrigerate overnight
1 C butter + 1T to coat the pan
8 -1 oz squares unsweetened chocolate
3 3/4 C sugar
2 t vanilla
1/2 t salt
1/2 t almond extract
1 2/3 C flour
1 C semi sweet chocolate chips
2 bags York Peppermint Patties (the generic brand has been known to make this recipe flop. I would advice buying the good stuff)
1. Line the bottom of a 9x13 pan with tin foil and grease it with butter.
2. Microwave the unsweetened chocolate and butter for 30 seconds at a time, stirring after each cooking interval. Keep cooking and stirring until the chocolate and butter are melted. Set aside.
3. In a mixing bowl (or in your stand mixer) beat the eggs, sugar, vanilla, salt and almond extract for 3-4 minutes.
4. Add the melted chocolate mixture and flour. Mix until incorporated.
5. Stir in the chocolate chips.
7. Spread half of the batter into the buttered pan.
8. Unwrap your peppermint patties and line them up over the top of the bottom layer of batter.
9. Cover the patties with the second half of the batter.
10. Bake at 425 for 23 minutes. This part is a little tricky. Stick a knife in the top layer of brownie and be sure that it comes out clean before you take them out of the oven.
11. Cool on a wire rack and then refrigerate at least 6 hours.
Must make these for my daughter since they are made with her favorite two food groups: York, and Brownies.