sign up (free!)
The Cove Point lighthouse was built in 1828, and cost $2000. It had grown and changed many times. In 1928, the lighting was changed from kerosene to electricity. the keeper's quarters went from a single family residence to a duplex to house two keepers and families. Later, a second stand-alone building was built to house a third keeper. In 1986, the station was automated. Light comes on at dusk, off at dawn.