Lubec Channel Light, built in 1890, is located on the west side of the Lubec Channel, Lubec, Maine. It is often referred to as the "Spark Plug". In 1989, the residents of Lubec, Maine and the Maine Historic Preservation Commission enabled this light to be restored. Rather than abandoning the tower and moving it to a shore location. Standing 53 feet above sea level, this light can be seen for 6 nautical miles.