1618 Washington Avenue .................. The D. D. Remer House Built in the 1890s, the house is now listed as a contributing property within the NRHP-listed Park City Historic District. The house, featured as design #65B in Barber's New Modern Dwellings, was rehabilitated by the preservation group Knox Heritage in 2006.
1724 Washington Avenue ................The W. O. Haworth House. Built in 1889, the house is now a contributing property within the NRHP-listed Park City Historic District. The columned porch was added in 1907. This house was featured as design #35 in Barber's The Cottage Souvenir No. 2.
In nearly a year, two vintage George Barber houses were gutted, rebuilt and transformed from condemned, trash-littered buildings to single-family homes. Knoxville TN Nonprofit preservation agency Knox Heritage restored the two neighboring residences, on Washington Avenue in Knoxvilles Parkridge community, in an 11-month process that at times was exciting, frustrating, imaginative and challenging.