sign up (free!)
Fort Niagara Light, at the mouth of the Niagara River, Youngstown, New York. Built by the French in 1726 - very pretty!
The lighthouse was established in 1782 atop the "French Castle", a structure still located within Old Fort Niagara. The current tower was first lit in 1872, having been removed from the French Castle to allow for more room for officer's quarters. The light was deactivated in 1996, having been replaced by a light beacon at the US Coast Guard Station Niagara.