Pinterest • The world’s catalog of ideas

I always find it interesting to see things like this to scale. Also consider that 99% of the mass in our solar system is in the sun. So all the planets, moons, asteroids, debris - is the remaining 1% - Also think about the fact that our Sun is only a medium size star. The largest stars in the universe would encompass all of the planets through Saturn (if placed where our Sun is now).

Teachers Pay Teachersfrom Teachers Pay Teachers

Solar System Unit

This unit contains 93 pages to help you teach about the Solar System. It covers the following topics: Solar System, The Sun, The Planets, Our Moon and Its Phases, Other Moons, Asteroids, Comets and Meteoroids, Black Holes and Stars.The unit is divided into 11 different lessons. There are lesson plans for each lesson as well as student recording pages. A pre-assessment and a post-assessment with answer keys are also included.

9GAGfrom 9GAG

What if the other planets were as close as the moon

What if the other planets were as close as the moon? Neat!

Have you ever wondered how big the universe is? Maybe you've wondered how big Texas is in comparison to Pluto? Or how big an atom is compared to a microscopic organism. This infographic from Number Sleuth is intended to show you the size of the universe (and the things in it) by letting you to scroll down from the very largest known thing (the observable universe at the top) down to the very smallest thing (the hydrogen atom's proton nucleus) and see how different sized things in our…

Teachers Pay Teachersfrom Teachers Pay Teachers

Solar System Unit

Solar System Unit (appropriate for grades 2-5) by Funky in Fourth. Includes eleven lesson plans, student recording pages with answer keys, extension activities, solar system posters and pre and post assessment with answer keys!

Teachers Pay Teachersfrom Teachers Pay Teachers

Solar System foldable

One of a kind solar system foldable to learn or review facts about planets. This foldable is FUN and EASY for your students to make.This resource may be used with students from 4th grade to 6th grade.

Teachers Pay Teachersfrom Teachers Pay Teachers

Outer Planets Lesson, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune

This is a 650+ slide PowerPoint presentation about the outer planets, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune. Each planet is discussed as well as their exciting moons. Fantastic visuals and built-ins make this lesson bundle a must. -Enjoy! Science from Murf LLC

Teachers Pay Teachersfrom Teachers Pay Teachers

Solar System foldable

A FAVORITE in my classroom ! This Solar System foldable will help your students memorize 6 definitions (asteroid, constellation, comet, galaxy, meteor, star).This resource is PERFECT for VISUAL LEARNERS and may be used with grades 4-6. Whole group, small groups or individual instruction.

Rho Ophiuchi and Antares with FSQ-106ED and Reducer QE 0.73x April 2011 Saturation Elevated Light Version By hirocun