Discover and save creative ideas
    More from this board

    Vancouver Red Lion to close; 82 will lose jobs | The Columbian

    Woodland Band, 1895 (?) Frank McFerron, Mabel Englert, Wm. Englert, Albert Hank, Webster Canyon, Fred Stallcup, Frank Vandeveer, Turman Scott, Clarence Thomas, Sam Conrad, Ernest Stallcup, Lawrence Goerig, Bill Bozarth, Gid. Davidson, Emil Thiel. Boy is mascot, Carlton Conrad.

    1st Row: Elisha Stinger, Loren Joy, Louie Conant, unknown, Tom Joy, Sy Hampton 2nd Row: Jack Conant, John Ginsmer, George Miers, George Hileman, Marvin Joy 3rd Row: Unknown, Clarence Martin, John Rassmussen 4th Row: Clyde Joy, Earl Hileman, Chester Bonebreak 5th Row: “Behind the fence” Frank Marble Logging Salmon Creek 1903. Tom Joys Job.

    Vancouver, Wa. waterfront, pictured in 1905.

    Clark County Library Bookmobile, 1948. From the Clark County Historical Museum Photograph Collection.

    The new Vancouver Community Library, 1963. From the Clark County Historical Museum Photograph Collection

    When this picture was taken in 1907, just after the Baptist Church was built in Battle Ground, regular procedure was holding of baptismal rites in a creek behind the church. Members of the congregation gather around as the Rev. Jones, church pastor, enters the water with a worthy candidate. The church can be seen in the background.

    Destinations – Vancouver Washington: Best Attractions for the Whole Family

    Pearson Field, Vancouver WA, 1926

    War trining ad from the Vancouver Columbian, June 8, 1943.

    The "Teen Can-Teen" was a swinging group on McLoughlin Heights during the second World War. Note the label on the can: "Hilltop Brand Sprouts", and the crew cuts and long skirts then in vogue

    Three sets of water towers for a total of 12 tanks were built to serve McLoughlin Heights. The tanks were made of wood staves held together with steel bands and had a total capacity of 1 1/2 million gallons:

    This dramatic view looking west shows McLoughlin Heights in Vancouver, Washington with its 5,500 units of temporary housing. MacArthur Boulevard is at the left, Lieser Road is just under the airplane from which the picture was taken, and Mill Plain Road is at the far right

    This dramatic view of the Vancouver shipyard during World War II was taken when 12 escort aircraft carriers were in the ways in various stages of completion. At the lower left a carrier is tied up at the outfitting dock. The rectangular building just above the carrier was the cafeteria where thousands of meals were served around the clock. The north-south street in the middle of the photograph is Grand Avenue, with the Maritime Commission's 7,000 bed Columbia House dormitory complex on either side. Just above the intersection with what is now State Highway 14, on the left hand side, is the dormitory's cafeteria which later was purchased by Jantzen Knitting Mills for their local plant. (Photo from National Archives):

    washougal history | ... the Camas mill. Courtesy of the Camas-Washougal Historical Society

    United Brethren Church in Christ, Sifton.

    Salmon Creek Methodist Church Sunday school, 1906.

    Maple Grove Christian Sunday School, 1888.

    Lake Shore Sunday School picnic, Vancouver, Wa., 1885.

    First Congregational Church, Vancouver, Wa., corner of 14th and Main. The church was razed to make way for a new branch of First Independent Bank in 1960.

    Loyal Bereans class of First Christian Church, Nov. 24, 1912.

    Church of Christ, Camas, Washington.

    Vancouver Fire Department Event on 8th Street

    WW I Ceremony at Vancouver Barracks

    Original Caption: The Energy Crisis in the States of Oregon and Washington Resulted in Attempts at Humor by Businesses with Darkened Signs Such as This One in Vancouver, Washington 11/1973 U.S. National Archives’ Local Identifier: 412-DA-12970 Phot Energy Source is our responsability to find new solutions.