Unitarian Church in Charleston, South Carolina. Originally built in 1772, the style is referred to as English Perpendicular Gothic Revival. In 1886 an earthquake struck and demolished the church's top tower. The new tower was built to ensure that stability to the building was maintained. The church was challenged again when Hurricane Hugo hit. The roof was lost, but repairs used the specifications from over 100 years prior. In 1973 the church was declared a National Historic Landmark.