La Sainte-Chapelle is a Gothic chapel on the Île de la Cité in the heart of Paris, France. The most visually beautiful aspects of the chapel, considered the best of their type in the world, are its 6,458 square feet of stained glass windows of the upper chapel, surrounded by delicate painted stonework. The windows are in deep reds and blues and illustrate 1,130 figures from the Bible. The rose windows were added to the upper chapel in the 15th century.
The Sainte-Chapelle (French Holy Chapel) is a royal medieval Gothic chapel, located near the Palais de la Cité, on the Île de la Cité in the heart of Paris, France. Begun some time after 1239 and consecrated on 26 April 1248, the Sainte-Chapelle is considered among the highest achievements of the Rayonnant period of Gothic architecture. Its erection was commissioned by King Louis IX of France.
HOW COOL IS THIS!!!!! At first glance, these appear to be conventional stained-glass windows with a modern design, but they contain slices of agate. In 2009, a chuch in Zurich has been enriched with twelve windows by Sigmar Polke. The church has seven windows where the glass has been impregnated with thin slices of agate.