The old National Road covered bridge. The first and most historical bridge in Guernsey County. Built in 1828, it existed until it was destroyed by a flood in 1913. It was very rare for a bridge in this era to have two separate lanes.
Former Zane's Crossing Bridge, also known as the Old National Road Bridge. Pioneers traveling west, used a Ferry to cross Willis Creek, 1798-1805, next a log bridge with puncheon floor, 1805-1828. In 1801, this double lane covered bridge was authorized, constructed 1828, built on dry ground and water turned to flow under it, afterward. Weakened by 1913 flood, condemned and removed.