“Mommy, my dreams are so beautiful, I wish I could dream forever!” For the last two years these are the words I cling to, knowing, hoping, and praying that she is okay. These words were spoken to me by my 20 year old daughter just 3 days before she was taken from us by a deadly disease, Toxic Shock Syndrome. Please click the link to read the true story about tampon related TSS.
You ARE Loved. In memory of my daughter Amy Rae Elifritz, who died of Toxic Shock Syndrome from a Playtex regular absorbency tampon while changing often. Amy was a hygiene freak! She tried to do everything to prevent TSS and it still killed her! The only safe tampon for people under 30 is 100% cotton, available in health food stores and online. www.you-are-loved...
Amy Rae Elifritz, 10/16/89 - 6/13/10 This is the chalk drawing on the back of my daughters tombstone today. Two years ago today Amy walked into the hospital not knowing that she'd never walk out alive. Her life was taken two days later by Toxic Shock Syndrome from a regular absorbency Playtex tampon. Click on the link to read more. Please, please share with your daughters and friends!
Suzan's story of her battle with Toxic Shock Syndrome from a tampon. After losing my daughter, Amy, to TSS in June of 2010 I urge every mother to share this story. Amy was a hygiene freak and followed every instruction on the package and it still killed her! Please be aware that it's happening all over and no one knows it!