Roasted Acorn Squash with Browned Butter and Sage Sweet, savory and buttery. #Acorn_Squash #Browned_Butter #SAge
Roasted Acorn Squash with Browned Butter & Sage _ I could not wait to tell you about this recipe. Not only is the squash part of it healthy & delicious, but the addition of the sage really makes a difference in the taste. The colors, the texture, the sage….oh my.
Roasted acorn squash with sage brown butter: #fall #food Cut back on butter
Acorn Squash. Bake at 400 degrees for 45 minutes. Top with sage butter.
Not your Hubby*s Onion Rings: Baked Acorn Squash Rings - will have to make some modifications for Jay (pumpernickle bread and gluten free flour and regular milk) #Christmas #thanksgiving #Holiday #recipe #food
Acorn rings by The Diva Dish- another great use of acorn squash! Definitely will try and make this Paleo!
Not your Hubby’s Onion Rings: Baked Acorn Squash Rings - will have to make some modifications for Jay (pumpernickle bread and gluten free flour and regular milk)
Not your Hubby’s Onion Rings: Baked Acorn Squash Rings - need to check this out later!
Have to try this... I love acorn squash.... Baked acorn squash = faux onion ring
Not your Hubby’s Onion Rings: Baked Acorn Squash Rings...with some subs
Baked Acorn Squash Rings - will have to make some modifications
Not your Hubby’s Onion Rings: Baked Acorn Squash Rings!
Perfect Roasted Acorn Squash with brown sugar/butter from Eat, Live, Run. This was SO delicious. Slightly indulgent (I used unsalted Kerrygold, a sprinkle of turbinado sugar and ground some Himalayan Pink Salt on top) and super easy to make. The hardest part was cutting it in half, but it was worth it for the end product. Sweet, slightly salty and dessert-like. Perfect healthyish compromise for the fall.
Perfect Roasted Acorn Squash. (I add maple syrup too. Helps enhance the nuttiness of the squash.)
Perfect Roasted Acorn Squash - Made this over the weekend and it was delicious
acorn squash. Hubby thought it was awesome. Griffin didn't want anything to do with it. I could have done without the nutmeg; I like butternut squash better. I like the presentation though as it is smaller than butternut
Acorn Squash with Brown Sugar Butter Sauce Recipe Serves 2 INGREDIENTS: 1 acorn squash, cut in half with seeds removed 1/2 cup water a coupl...
I used cinnamon sugar. Amazing anyway! Acorn Squash Recipe with Brown Sugar Butter Sauce | Savory Sweet Life - Easy Recipes from an Everyday Home Cook
Acorn Squash Recipe with Brown Sugar Butter Sauce | Savory Sweet Life - Easy Recipes from an Everyday Home Cook
This fall-friendly side dish recipe can easily be doubled for a large gathering; just use two baking dishes.
Our Most Popular Acorn Squash Recipes - Vegetables - Recipe.com
Browse the Web's best collection of Acorn Squash Recipes, with pictures and easy to understand preparation instructions. Also, check out our Most Popular Acorn Squash Recipes. Find what you're looking for - at Recipe.com
Take soup from simple-dinner to party-ready with a golden puff pastry topping. Use an ovenproof Crock-Pot with a five-inch diameter for the best soup-to-pastry ratio. This is serious stuff, people. http://www.dailycandy.com/san-francisco/article/110724/Autumn-Squash-Soup-with-Puff-Pastry-Recipe
Autumn Squash Soup with Puff Pastry http://www.dailycandy.com/san-francisco/article/110724/Autumn-Squash-Soup-with-Puff-Pastry-Recipe
Autumn Squash Soup with Puff Pastry top! Looks delicious and really easy!
Autumn Squash Soup with Puff Pastry www.dailycandy.co... recipes
Autumn Squash Soup with Puff Pastry (recipe via @DailyCandy)
Autumn squash soup with puff pastry. #food #squash #soup
Autumn Squash Soup...going to try this, this week!
Fall squash soup- yum!
yummmmm//Take soup from simple-dinner to party-ready with a golden puff pastry topping. Use an ovenproof Crock-Pot with a five-inch diameter for the best soup-to-pastry ratio. This is serious stuff, people.
Autumn Squash Soup with Puff Pastry
½ acorn squash (about ¾ lb.), seeded
1 large orange-fleshed sweet potato, such as a Garnet yam (about ¾ lb.)
2 tbsp. unsalted butter
1 yellow onion, halved and thinly sliced
1/3 c. brandy
½ tsp. ground ginger
¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
1 qt. chicken or vegetable stock, plus more as needed
¼ c. heavy cream
½ lb. frozen puff pastry, thawed but cold
Egg wash (1 whole egg beaten with 1 tbsp. milk)
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400°. Place the squash half, cut side down, in a pie tin or small baking dish with ½ inch of water. Bake (uncovered) until the flesh can be easily pierced with the tip of a paring knife (about 40 minutes), adding a little more water if necessary.
2. Pierce the sweet potato in several spots with a fork. Place it in a pie tin or on a baking sheet and bake it alongside the squash until tender when pierced (about 1 hour).
3. When the squash is cool, scoop the flesh out of the skin. (You should have about 1 c.)
4. When the sweet potato is cool enough to handle, scoop the flesh out of the skin. (You should have about 1 c.)
5. Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat.
6. Add the onion and saute until soft (about 5 minutes).
7. Add the brandy and simmer for 1-2 minutes to burn away the alcohol.
8. Add the squash, sweet potato, ginger, cinnamon, and stock. Bring to a simmer and cook gently for about 5 minutes to combine flavors.
9. In a blender or food processor, puree the contents of the pot until smooth. Pour into a clean pot.
10. Whisk in the cream. Thin with additional stock if needed to achieve a pleasing soup consistency.
11. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Let cool to room temperature.
12. Preheat oven to 425°. On a lightly floured work surface, roll the puff pastry into a flat sheet about 1/8-inch thick.
13. Cut six rounds, each 2 inches larger in diameter than the top of each soup bowl (for a 5-inch bowl, cut a 7-inch round). To guide yourself, invert a bowl onto the flattened pastry and cut around it. You can gather and reroll the scraps only once.
14. Put the rounds on a baking sheet and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
15. Divide the soup among six ovenproof bowls.
16. Brush the rim of each bowl with egg wash. Cover each bowl with a pastry round and press the pastry firmly over the sides so the top is taut, like a drum. Make sure there are no cracks in the pastry. Brush the tops lightly with egg wash.
17. Bake until the pastry is puffed and golden brown (about 25 minutes). Serve immediately.
18. Enjoy with Cakebread Cellars chardonnay reserve or another full-bodied, oak-aged white wine.
Recipe: Tomato Bisque - 100 Days of Real Food I've been looking for a tomato soup recipe with no added sugars. I'd try this with greek yogurt instead of heavy cream, vegetable broth and no bacon to make it vegetarian.
Recipe: Tomato Bisque - 100 Days of Real Food Very similar to http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/tomato-bisque-recipe/index.html. Add a carrot and a stalk of celery.
Recipe: Tomato Bisque A favorite at my house! #clean #healthy #food #recipe #soup #wellness www.fitproject.me
Recipe: Tomato Bisque - 100 Days of Real Food The kids love tomato soup - she freezes hers in little batches for school lunches
Recipe: Tomato Bisque - 100 Days of Real Food ('Ive found Red Gold canned tomatoes are much sweeter than other varieties, I'm hoping I can get this recipe close to the Campbells soup flavor with it without adding sugar. mjf)
Recipe: Tomato Bisque - 100 Days of Real #Food recipes #Food and Drink Recipe| http://foodanddrinkrecipe.blogspot.com
Recipe: Tomato Bisque - 100 Days of Real Food. Love to makeFreeze in jam jars for school lunch thermos. Serve with grilled cheese for dinner.
Recipe: Tomato Bisque - 100 Days of Real Food---freeze in small glass jars for school lunches
Tomato Bisque - 100 days of real #Drink recipes #Food recipes #Food and Drink Recipe