The abandoned Château de Carnelle designed for André Philippe Alfred Regnier, Duke of Massa, in 1875 by architect Hippolyte Destailleur is located on the edge of the forest Carnelle, in the Ile de France region of France. This land was given to the monks of Saint-Denis by Charles V. The Duke of Massa, childless, donated his estate to the city of Paris and it was converted into a sanatorium in 1930. The castle was finally closed in 1992.
Castle De Haar is located near Haarzuilens, in the province of Utrecht in the Netherlands. The current buildings, all built upon the original castle, date from 1892 and are the work of Dutch architect P.J.H.