Temperatures are getting colder which means more time is spent indoors, more home cooked meals, and the beginning of the most common month for house fires. House fires are most common in December. The top reason or fires is cooking yet many are not prepared for a cooking mishap. #fire prevention #fire restoration #house fires #smoke detectorrs
Now: Restoration Hardware - Nearly two years ago, Restoration Hardware announced plans to move into the historic building. The store was set to open in December 2012, but incomplete renovations prevented that from happening. An opening party held on March 6 drew police officers and fire officials due to overcrowding. The Globe reported city officials said it can’t open until some maintenance issues -- including the fire alarm, exhaust system, and elevator -- are taken care of.
Provo, Utah. The Old Provo Tabernacle Near Downtown Provo, Utah Shown Here As a Burnt Out Shell Due To A destructive Fire That Occured On December 17, 2010 and Is Now Being Rebuilt and Restored And Converted Into A Mormon Temple. I Took This Photo On June 10th, 2012.
An Egyptian book restorer lays-out burnt and damaged books to dry in the garden of the Institute of Egypt in central Cairo after the world-famous center caught fire during deadly clashes between security forces and protesters.
December 4th, 1907 Grand Opening of Fraunces Tavern. In 1762, innkeeper Samuel Fraunces opened the Sign of Queen Charlotte (Queen’s Head Tavern), named for England’s Queen Charlotte, at 54 Pearl Street. In 1832, 1837, &1852, the building suffered serious fires. After each fire, the owner rebuilt & added modern additions. By the end of the 19th century the building bore little resemblance to the original structure. Restored to its 18th century appearance and reopened 1906 -1907.
2. Forgotten Village of Greenbank's Hollow On December 14, 1885, a fire raged through this prosperous town and destroyed the five-story woolen mill, store, several residences and covered bridge. The village was abandoned to rebuild elsewhere, and thanks to the Danville Historical Society and several local supporters, the site of the village at Greenbank’s Hollow has been restored as a historical park.
Better than HGTV! The Newton Co. Courthouse has come a long way baby. Check out the before and after fire pics and the new restoration here: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.313669482079197.71983.266489680130511=1 Then come to the re-dedication on December 8.
Historic Former Firehouse Turned Restaurant Catches Fire: Last December, a fire started on the roof that affected the first, second, and basement floors of the structure. The fire required a team of 125 firefighters, 12 engines, 4 trucks and several other emergency vehicles and personnel to control it. Currently, the city of Chicago is working with the building owners to open the restaurant, which would not be possible without the quick and efficient response of J.C. Restoration.