Abandoned Cochran House- Dallas County Rd 21& HWY 960,Dallas, AL Crumptonia Plantation.(Crumptonia is an unincorporated community in Dallas County, Alabama It is named for a local plantation house of the same name, built in 1855 by Claudius M. Cochran and later owned the Crumpton family.
Thornhill Plantation ~ Forkland, Alabama ~ built in 1833 for James Innes Thornton. Thornton practiced law in Huntsville then served as Alabama's third secretary of state. When he retired from public service, he moved to Green County and became a planter. Thornhill was his home until his death in 1877. Though he did his part ot provide supplies during the Civil War, he opposed secession and thought the war was wrong. The original plantation schoolhouse is still on the property.