It may seem odd to begin a book review by saying that I hope you never have reason to read this book. Childhood Heart Disease (CHD) is the most common birth abnormality affecting one in every one hundred babies. In Australia, approximately thirty-two thousand children under the age of eighteen are living with CHD and […]
Patch, a very brave lion who's all heart
<p>It may seem odd to begin a book review by saying that I hope you never have reason to read this book. Childhood Heart Disease (CHD) is the most common birth abnormality affecting one in every one hundred babies. In Australia, approximately thirty-two thousand children under the age of eighteen are living with CHD and […]</p>
Finally there has been a children’s picture book created to help support children with congenital heart defects. Written and illustrated by two heart kid mums, it is an excellent vehicle to promote discussion about emotions and challenges associated with feeling different, hospital procedures and family love.
A beautiful childrens book to help support children touched by a special journey.
A book for CHD kids! Oh my gosh, I have to have this book!!
A book for CHD kids!....gonna have to get this for Gabe!!!
A book for CHD kids! I have to buy this for my son!!!
Patch the brave heart lion - book for CHD kids
Cute book for CHD kiddos
A book for CHD kids!
Saddens me that this is my son's future. So wish I could trade places with him!
There is no fix or cure for CHD my son has. HLHS stinks!!
1 in 100, CHD Awareness
CHD. Heart Mom
I'm proud to be a HEART MOM Lenora has been through so much. She did get a heart transplant. "Yep, that's me. I could not be more proud of my hero, Alexis, HLHS, Heart Transplant."
Although I wouldn't wish it for anyone, I'm proud to be a HEART MOM
I'm proud to be a Heart Mom! My daughter is amazing!
I'm a proud mommy of a heart warrior!!!!!!!
chd awareness week february 7-14 2015
I am a heart mom. I love this. <3
For the Heart Moms in my life.
I'm proud to be a HEART MOM!!!
Something the Lord Made (2004)
GREAT Movie about the first surgery on "blue babies" who suffer from congenital heart defects.
Something the Lord Made (TV Movie 2004) : Great move about the life of heart surgery pioneers Vivien Thomas and Alfred Blalock
In Honor of Congenital Heart Week, this week ! Something The Lord Made is a film about the cardiac pioneer Vivien Thomas and his partnership with surgeon Alfred Blalock, the world famous "Blue Baby doctor" who pioneered modern heart surgery. Thank You Dr. Thomas for not giving up <3
Something the Lord Made. This is a great movie for people who have a friend with a child born with a heart defect. The technology we have today is because of dedicated people like this who werent looking for the publicity but trying to help families be whole from a tragedy of a birth defect.
An HBO Original Movie inspired by the National Magazine Award-winning Washingtonian magazine article "Like Something the Lord Made" by Katie McCabe. Based on the true story of Vivien Thomas, a black cardiac pioneer and his complex, volatile partnership with white surgeon Alfred Blalock, the world famous "Blue Baby doctor" who pioneered modern heart surgery.
#Movies. Something the Lord Made (2004). A film about the African American cardiac pioneer Vivien Thomas and his complex and volatile partnership with white surgeon Alfred Blalock, the world famous "Blue Baby doctor" who pioneered modern heart surgery. True story. Must see Mos Def.
Something the Lord Made with Alan Rickman and Mos Def, a wonderful movie about the breakthroughs in heart surgery made by a white doctor's black assistant in the 40's and 50's. Two fabulous actors!
Something The Lord Made (2004) This Emmy-winning HBO film based on a true story follows white surgeon Alfred Blalock (Alan Rickman) and his black assistant, Vivien Thomas (Mos Def), who teamed in the 1940s to develop a procedure to save children suffering from a heart defect. But Thomas's status as a second-class citizen prevented him from getting recognition, as Blalock took all the credit. Their relationship, while close, was complicated by the social realities of the time.
Tanriyi Oynayanlar - Something The Lord Made - 2004 - DVDRip Film Afis Movie Poster
Hayden speaks up. "How are you?" He asks, clearly unknowing of what to say. "I've been better." I say and, despite the situation, I crack a small smile. Connor finally settles into a place kneeling next to me. That's when I decide to say the truth. "Hey Connor, have you seen ‘Something The Lord Made’?” I ask. “Your favorite movie? No, I never heard of it until you mentioned it." He replies. "Well, if I live, you're watching it with me. If I die, watch it FOR me. It's about the first heart surgery. It kinda gives a small hope that things will turn out right for me. Anyways, there's this line in it that says something like: 'I don't care what the statistics say, this girl wants to live, so that's what we're going to let her do.' And that's how I'm feeling. I've been lying about the stats. It's 70% chance of me dying, 9% chance of me coming out of it fine, and 21% chance of me living, but with restrictions because something minor screwed up. But who cares, I just want to live. Even if I'm too weak to move parts of my body ever again, I just want to live. I want to be around much longer to annoy you. But the world isn't a wish granting factory. If I die, I didn't want to leave this time, know that. But I'll attempt to mentally will them not to screw up." I say, my voice not even a whisper, and despite the tears in my eyes, I keep the smile on my face. I'm tired after saying that. I give a slight moan and close my eyes. More sleeping blackness that closes the space between now and my probable death. Yay.
The Children's Heart Charity - CHD AWARENESS
The Children's Heart Charity - CHD AWARENESS - I have CHD (congenital heart disease) I was born with a single ventricle birth defect. I only have my left ventricle and I have had 3 open heart surgeries do to it. I am limited to many things in my life buy have over come many obstacles. I am now 19 and married to an amazing man. I am lucky I have gotten this far with out any complication. Eventually I do have to get a heart transplant. CHD Is something that is highly important to know about!
The Childrens Heart Charity - CHD AWARENESS Check out the website for more
- CHD AWARENESS
baby footprint heart "tattoo" - something like this with a butterfly for our baby girl rip<3
baby footprint heart "tattoo" one foot shorty and one foot peanut. Sounds like a plan.
baby footprint heart "tattoo" but with Michelle and Dylan's baby foot prints
Memorial tattoo idea using Shiloh's actual footprints.....white ink maybe??
baby footprint heart tattoos | baby footprint heart "tattoo"
Miscarriage Memory Tattoo Ideas | Memorial Tattoo - CafeMom
Top 10 Footprint Tattoo Designs
Baby feet in heart tattoo idea
Baby tattoo ideas so cute!
.HLHS -- A family at my church just had baby number 4 and their little baby girl has HLHS -- Pass it on. Raise Awareness!!
CHD Awareness Payton was born with an ostium primum atrial septal defect, ostium secundum atrial septal defect, and a cleft mitral valve.
CHD Awareness Month! Kylie was born with an atrial septal defect.
CHD Awareness Nolan has subaortic stenosis.
CHD awareness......for my niece. ❤️
CHD awareness, great facts!
Congenital Heart Defects
chd awareness. I love it
CHD Awareness .
Valentines Day / CHD Awareness Zipper Heart Shirt - Boys and Girls
CHD Awareness Zipper Heart Shirt
Valentines Day / CHD Awareness Zipper Heart Shirt - Boys and Girls. $22.00, via Etsy.
Valentines Day / CHD Awareness Zipper Heart Shirt by StickyGenius
Proud Parent of a CHD Warrior Personalized Acrylic Tumbler LylaBug Designs Congenital Heart Disease Awareness
Nurse Heart Stethoscope Personalized Acrylic Tumbler Customize to any Nursing Specialty, Student Nurse, Nurse Appreciation, Nurse Gift, Nurse Cup, Nurse Tumbler LylaBug Designs
Proud Parent of a CHD Warrior Personalized Acrylic Tumbler
Nurse Heart Stethoscope Personalized Acrylic Tumbler
Some of my FREE CHD graphics for kids with heart defects - go to my son's blog for download: http://www.ironwillgooch.blogspot.com/ CHD Awareness for Brylee <3 #Chad www.Facebook.com/bryleesbravebattle
Some of my FREE CHD graphics for kids with heart defects - go to my son's blog for download: http://www.ironwillgooch.blogspot.com/
For Brylee #Chd Awareness Www.facebook.com/bryleesbravebattle Some FREE CHD graphics for kids with heart defects - go to this blog for download: http://www.ironwillgooch.blogspot.com/
For little Kaitie Bracken and the many other people that have CHD. Some of my FREE CHD graphics for kids with heart defects - go to my son's blog for download: http://www.ironwillgooch.blogspot.com/
Some of my FREE CHD graphics for kids with heart defects http://www.ironwillgooch.blogspot.com/
My son died from a congenial heart defect. Please take time to learn about them!
Some of my FREE CHD graphics for kids with heart defects - COMING UP SOON!
Iron Will: A Day of Hearts - CHD Awareness
What it means to be a heart parent
What it means to be a heart parent - an insight into life as a parent of a child with CHD - Little Hearts, Big Love