Powerful Magnet, 37 Magnets, Buckyballs Magnets, Super Magnetic Buckyballs, Buckyball Buckyballs, Tiny Magnets, Swallow Magnets
The Consumer Product Safety Commission filed a complaint against the makers of the magnetic Buckyball. Buckyballs are high-powered desktop magnetic toys for adults, but some young children are swallowing the tiny magnets and getting hurt.
Health Canada is planning to follow the lead of the United States and ban the sale of small, powerful magnets which can cause serious internal problems if swallowed by children. Read more: http://www.ctvnews.ca/health/health-canada-to-ban-the-sale-of-buckyballs-magnets-1.1240045#ixzz2QfRh4WpH
Tiny magnets are easily swallowed by children who then suffer terrible injuries. The magnets pass from the stomach into the child's intestines where they clamp onto each other with layers of tissue in-between. This causes the tissue to die, which soon becomes a life-threatening emergency.
Young kids can swallow magnets, seriously damage intestines, doctors warn
Risks posed by powerful magnetic beads sold as novelty products
Dangers of magnetic toys - recalled (July 2012)
CPSC tries to stop sale of super-magnetic 'Buckyballs'
Tiny Magnets Pose Dangerous Risk to Children, Study Finds