Henry L. Yesler,1810-1892. ~ A tough nut with no social conscience or appreciation for anything refined,murderer of the King's English & completely disinterested in anything religious. This may stem from parents who seemed to be totally disinterested in his survival much less nurturing him. He was a familiar name in the court system having 3 full boxes of lawsuits, in behalf of or against him. Most,no more than 1 page. Arthur Denny, an average litigant, has a file less than 6 in thick.
Old Seattle Mansion - Then and Now: The Neely family mansion - or big farmhouse - was built in the mid-1890s east of Auburn near a ferry crossing on the Green/White River. (Courtesy Neely Mansion Association.) (Now photo by Karen Meador)
Elliott Bay - The Denny group had travelled overland from the Midwest to Portland,OR, then up the Pacific coast into Puget Sound, with the intent of founding a town. The next April, Arthur A. Denny abandoned the original site at Alki in favor of a better-protected site on Elliott Bay,near the south end of what is now downtown Seattle.
Henry Yesler's sawmill and commercial buildings at Front Street (now First Avenue) and James Street in the 1870s. The mill provided Seattle's first salaried jobs. Photo: Museum Of History And Industry / Museum of History and Industry
Site of Denny Party member Mary Ann Kays Boren Blakeney's (1830-1905) unmarked grave in Lake View Cemetery. After she and A. Boren divorced,Mary Ann married & divorced J.W. Blakeney in OR. Returning to Seattle, M.A. lived with her daughter until her death.
his "Death Thermometer" was placed at the intersection of 4th and Westlake in 1940 by the Seattle Traffic and Safety Council. The little boy atop the care was 'Safety Pete', the official mascot. Via Vintage King County Washington on Facebook.