Festival Hall was the centerpiece of the Fair, standing atop Art Hill in front of the Palace of Art. Two hundred feet high, its gold leaf dome was larger than the dome of St. Peter's Basilica in Rome. It housed the largest pipe organ in the world and could seat 3,500 people in its huge auditorium for concerts.
The great Floral Clock, 112 feet in diameter, was a popular exhibit on a hillside near the Palace of Agriculture. The thousands of flowering plants on the clock’s face were 'timed' to bloom throughout the passing of the day's hours. The tip of the 74-foot long minute hand moved 6 feet every minute. The 1904 World's Fair Society owns the clock's master works, which is presently on display at the History Museum in Forest Park.