The Gardner-Pingree House is now owned by the Peabody Essex Museum. It was built in 1804-1805 by John Gardner, Jr., who was a local merchant. It was later owned by Captain Joseph White. He lived in the house with his family until they were brutally murdered in the house in April 1830. In 1834, David Pingree owned the house. He and his heirs lived there until 1933.
The house is also known as the Turner-Ingersoll Mansion, named after the two families who lived there. It was built in 1668 by the Turner family, it is the oldest surviving 17th century wooden mansion in all of New England. After one of the Turner sons lost the family fortune, the Ingersoll family purchased it.
The Beauregard-Keyes House is located at 1113 Chartres Street in New Orleans, Louisiana. The Beauregard-Keyes House is on the National Register of Historic Places. It was once the home of Confederate General Pierre Gustave Toutant Beauregard. The house is supposedly haunted. Legend has it that at night the house is transformed into a horrible vision of the Battle of Shiloh. People see blood spattering on the walls, and they hear the screams and moans of wounded, dying soldiers. In the…
Many claim that the Custom House is haunted. There have been reports of people hearing the voices of ship captains talking about their treasures. Others have heard footsteps, seen strange lights, or even floating orbs. The ghostly visitors aren't mentioned on the tour :)
The Joshua Ward House: Once home to wealthy sea captain Joshua Ward, the Joshua Ward House is Salem, Mass., built in 1784, was originally owned by George Corwin, the High Sheriff during the Salem Witch Trials. For many years, Corwinâ??s remains were housed in the basement, though they eventually were moved to a nearby cemetery. Rumor has it that Corwina's spirit still haunts the house.
Many people believe the Haydenville Tunnel is haunted by men who died while building it. They claim to see strange lights or even apparitions of these men dressed in work overalls. Many also claim to hear the sound of carts being pushed through the tunnel.
In 1864 Fort Pulaski was used as a prison for 520 Confederate officers - the survivors of the "Immortal 600" who were held prisoner at Hilton Head Island. These prisoners were treated horribly by the Union soldiers who were guarding them. They suffered from starvation, dehydration, scurvy, and dysentery - they were only fed moldy cornmeal and soured pickles. Thirteen of the soldiers died at the prison; the remaining 487 were transferred to Fort Delaware a year later.
Harville House, Statesboro, Georgia Two old ladies once resided in this house, but when they died, no one noticed, and all their possessions remained. Today, a blue light can be seen in a window at night, and brave persons who have ventured inside have reported seeing the two women rocking in their chairs.
Marr Residence, Saskatoon, SK - built in 1884 it's the oldest house in the city - used as a hospital for soldiers during the 1880's -There have been several owners over the years, considering the Marr family left in 1889 - two spirits are well-known to people here: one is witnessed as an orb with a child's face inside, the other is a malevolent male presence who does not react well towards any female entering the house
Clovis Wolfe Manor - there is a lot of uncomfortable history surrounding this house and many reports of paranormal activity from disembodied screams to cold spots, from a heavy atmosphere to moving furniture. Just how much is real and how much is embellished is unknown, but one thing is for certain...this is one creepy house!!!