Obviously someone was making money, (another form of slavery) Bramwell, WV, the "town of millionaires." Pictured here is one of Bramwell's many mansions, the Hewitt House built for an early coal baron and constructed of native Bluestone.
MAYBEURY WV COMMUNITY BUILDING - Young men in photo are Elmer Dunagan, John Onifer and Curt Cunningham. Photo courtesy Bill Blevins, EHS 1945, and Jack Barger, webmaster for the Elkhorn High School website.
MAYBEURY WV COMPANY STORE - Store was originally affiliated with Norfolk Coal & Coke Company and was known as the C. V. Ferguson Store. Was purchased by Pocahontas Fuel Co., Inc. and became known as the Norfolk Store. Was again sold and became Henderson Market. Before being recently demolished building served as a multiple domestic dwelling.