The Detroit Institute of Arts’ (DIA) Inside|Out program, now in its third year, brings 80 reproductions of masterpieces from the DIA’s collection to the streets and parks of metro Detroit, pleasantly surprising residents of the participating communities. Where possible, the works are clustered within walking or biking distance of each other in a grand, open-air gallery. || Love it! What a great idea.
The DIA has been a beacon of culture for the Detroit area for well over a century. The museum covers 658,000 square feet that includes more than 100 galleries. The DIA's collection is among the top six in the United States, comprising a multicultural and multinational survey of human creativity from prehistory through the 21st century. (From DIA.org)
St. Curvy's Abandoned Church in HDR - Detroit, Michigan 004. Woodward Avenue Presbyterian Church of Detroit built in 1908 and affectionately known as St. Curvy's. Abandoned for over 10 years, it is now being remodeled.
Hungarian House - Delray, Detroit. The area of Delray (along Jefferson Avenue - south of Clark Street) was once a lively community for Polish and Hungarian immigrants. They worked in the auto and steel factories that lined the nearby Detroit River and relaxed in clubs like these [see photo].