William the Conqueror used enforced Anglo-Saxon labour for work on the construction of Leeds Castle. The original wooden castle was replaced by a fortified stone castle in 1119. An important feature of Leeds Castle is its access to the River Len. Leeds Castle occupies three islands surrounded by an artificial lake. King Henry VIII converted Leeds Castle into a Royal Palace but retained the defences due to the possible risk of invasion from Spain or France.
Alongside producing menus, brochures, calendars and other promotional items/events for small business owners, Scoop, L.L.C. publishes a small community newspaper that features news pertinent to the St. Charles County, specifically O’Fallon, Missouri area.