Tiara from a sapphire parure designed for the Tsarina Alexandra at the beginning 20thC by Friedrich Koechli, a Swiss jeweller in St Petersburg who became court jeweller in 1902. Intertwined scrolls in which 16 sapphires are set mounted in gold. The diamonds are mounted in silver and linked with gold.
The Nuptial crown of the Romanov’s was probably made by Nichols & Plinkle in 1844. It was made from diamonds which were set into a bejeweled belt. The crown was mounted in silver and set in gold. It is decorated with 320 diamonds which weigh 182 carats and a further 1200 smaller diamonds which weigh 82 carats.