In this new series of pendants I used the cracked foil technique. I started with a thick layer of black clay, covered with silver foil and decorated with wonderful patterns of alcohol ink.  After the ink was fully dried I covered it with a very thin layer of translucent clay and stretched it until the foil cracked.  These pendants were gently draped over a flask and cured.  I polished the surface with 600 grit sandpaper and buffed with a muslin wheel. The accent beads (just laid on top here)…

In this new series of pendants I used the cracked foil technique. I started with a thick layer of black clay, covered with silver foil and decorated with wonderful patterns of alcohol ink. After the ink was fully dried I covered it with a very thin layer of translucent clay and stretched it until the foil cracked. These pendants were gently draped over a flask and cured. I polished the surface with 600 grit sandpaper and buffed with a muslin wheel. The accent beads (just laid on top here)…

Watercolor tutorial from Maggie Maggio - the original source of a technique that is now a well loved standard. #polymer #clay #tutorial

Watercolor tutorial from Maggie Maggio - the original source of a technique that is now a well loved standard. #polymer #clay #tutorial

This is my second prototype log.  I used a cardboard tube as the basic shape and covered it with aluminum foil.  Next, I dipped the log in paraffin wax to make a smooth surface.  I used an X-Acto knife to cut irregular holes in the clay while it was still flat on my desk.  I covered the form and used  custom textures and drew designs all over the log.  Next I covered the entire surface with black, copper and gold Pearlex powder and cured it.  I used 600 grit sandpaper, dry muslin buffing…

This is my second prototype log. I used a cardboard tube as the basic shape and covered it with aluminum foil. Next, I dipped the log in paraffin wax to make a smooth surface. I used an X-Acto knife to cut irregular holes in the clay while it was still flat on my desk. I covered the form and used custom textures and drew designs all over the log. Next I covered the entire surface with black, copper and gold Pearlex powder and cured it. I used 600 grit sandpaper, dry muslin buffing…

Burlap Mokume Gane beads | These beads are Ultralight inside… | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Burlap Mokume Gane beads | These beads are Ultralight inside… | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Pinterest
Search