Horsley Towers, East Horsley, Surrey. Charles Barry designed a Tudor house here for William Currie in 1834. Large additions, inc tower and Great Hall, were made by the first Earl of Lovelace (Byron's son-in-law) in 1847-8, working to his own designs. He then added, in c1855-60 and later, a vaulted horseshoe cloister, a chapel and a much larger tower, all in flint and polychrome brick. Eccentric and extraordinary!