Red Army snipers wearing the forest camouflage wrap-around that was issued in early 1943. Original caption refers simply to "Soviet snipers." Undated. Note the Moshin-Nagant rifles with the modified PEM scope.To this day, the M-N remains the most widely produced and longest serving sniper rifle in the world, and remained the Soviet Union's main sniper rifle until it was superseded in 1962 by the semi-automatic SVD Dragunov rifle.
The Mosin Nagant also saw service in Estonia after WW2 as a part of the Soviet Union. In the photo are Soviet (Estonian) soldiers in training. Notice the second rifle which has a bent bolt of some sort but does not appear to be a sniper rifle.
Lou Vecchi of H/506th holding the GIs best friend, the 30-06 caliber M-1 rifle designed by John Garand. Utilizing an 8 round clip, the gas-operated, semi auto weapon allowed the user to fire eight times, as fast as he could pull the trigger. This gave a distinct advantage over Axis opponents who were mostly using bolt-action rifles. photo c/o Bob Martin.