Discover and save creative ideas
    • Glasgow Doors Open Day

      The Police Boxes Gilbert Mackenzie Trench, 1933; a series of 4 boxes were restored in 1996 Photo Credit: Ross Campbell

    • Christina

      10 Unsung Heroes in the History of Doctor Who

    More from this board

    Watch a short film on the history of Kelvingrove Bandstand and Amphitheatre!

    We are delighted to hear the fantastic news for Citizens Theatre ! It was really great to have been part of their team, acting as consultants for their HLF application. Congratulations to everyone!

    The Seven Lochs Project - of which GBPT's Provan Hall Project is a major part - has been nominated for a Community Award! With your support it could receive funding to help deliver more activities in the community. Please join in and VOTE for this great project - thank you!

    The Heritage Lottery Fund recently announced the success of a Round One application, including £250,000 of development funding, for the Seven Lochs Heritage Project, of which Provan Hall is a key part. The restored Provan Hall, one of Glasgow’s oldest buildings, will become a principle ‘gateway’ into Scotland’s largest urban nature park

    Glasgow Building Preservation Trust

    St. Martin's, Castlemilk. Category B listed, Gillespie, Kidd & Coia, 1961; proposed Cathkin Braes Mountain Bike and Activity Centre. Photo Credit: Elder & Cannon

    Kelvingrove Bandstand and Amphitheater. Category B listed, Glasgow Corporation Parks Department, 1924; conservation repairs and enhancements as a venue for the Commonwealth Games and beyond, 2011 – ongoing Page\Park Architects. Photo Credit: Page Park.

    St. Vincent Street Church. Category A listed, Alexander ‘Greek’ Thomson, 1857-1859; tower restoration and subsequent re-roofing by Page\Park Architects 2001. Photo Credit: Ross Campbell

    Townhead Spire. Category A listed, Campbell, Douglas and Stevenson, 1866; spire conservation repairs by John Gilbert Architects, 2002. Photo Credit: Ross Campbell

    Provan Hall. Category A listed, architect unknown, 15th century; proposed conservation works. Photo Credit: Alan Crumlish

    The Gatehouse, Cathedral Square. Category A listed, architect unknown, c.1880s; proposed conservation repairs and rehabilitation as base for Friends of Glasgow Cathedral. Photo Credit: John Gilbert.

    Tron Steeple. Category A listed, architect unknown, 1592-1636; repair, conservation, new lighting and sculpture by RMJM Architects, 2003. Photo Credit: David Baz

    Lion Chambers. Category A listed, Salmon & Gillespie, 1906; protective external mesh following concrete deterioration by GBPT, 2004. Credit: David Baz.

    73-77 Trongate. Category C(s) listed, architect reputed to be John Carrick, 1868; internal and external repairs by Fiona Sinclair Neil MacPhail Architects, 2005. Photo Credit: Fiona Sinclair

    Hutcheson's Hall. Category A listed, David Hamilton, 1802-5; external repairs by Pollock Hammond Partnership, 2010.

    Pearce Institute. Category A listed, Robert Rowand Anderson, 1906; series of repairs and improvements by Page\Park Architects (latest phase completed in 2011). Photo credit: Ross Campbell

    The Briggait. Category A listed, Clarke & Bell, 1873; Repairs by GBPT, 1986 and by Wasp Artists’ Studios, 2001

    Stewart Memorial Fountain. Category A listed, James Sellars, 1872; Repairs by GBPT, 1988 and by Glasgow City Council, 2009.

    Tobacco Merchant's House. Category A listed, John Craig, 1775; exterior repairs and new interior by McGurn Logan Duncan & Opfer, 1995

    Hutchesontown Public Library Category B listed, J. Rind 1906; refurbishment, 1995 Photo credit: David Barz.

    Wellpark School. Category B listed, architect unknown 1867; repair and new build intervention by Elder and Cannon Architects, 1996.

    St. Francis Church. Category A listed, Pugin & Pugin, 1878-1895; repairs to the building and insertion of internal ‘pod’ by Page\Park Architects, 1997. Photo Credit: David Barz

    St. Andrew's in the Square. Category A listed, Allan Dreghorn, 1739-1756; repairs and basement insertion by Nicholas Groves-Raines Architects, 2000. Photo Credit: Ross Campbell

    Kirkhaven Church. Category A listed, Peddie & Kinnear, 1858; repair and new build intervention by Elder and Cannon Architects, 2003. Photo Credit: Alan Crumlish

    Castlemilk Stables. Category B listed, attributed to David Hamilton, 1790; repair and new build intervention by Elder and Cannon Architects, 2007. Photo Credit: Keith Hunter