A Fabergé egg (Russian: Яйца Фаберже; Yaĭtsa Faberzhe) is any one of the thousands of jeweled eggs made by the House of Fabergé from 1885 through 1917. The story began when Tsar Alexander III decided to give his wife the Empress an Easter Egg in 1885, possibly to celebrate the 20th anniversary of their betrothal.
The last Imperial Easter Egg commissioned by Tsar Nicholas II for his wife Alexandra Feodorovna was the Constellation Egg of 1917. It is one of the most tantalising of Fabergé’s Imperial eggs, not least because it was never completed and its component parts were only recently identified in Moscow.
The nephrite egg is adorned with five miniature portraits of the children of Tsar Nicholas II and Alexandra Fedorovna, and contains a replica of the Alexander Palace at Tsarskoe Selo. The upper and lower sections of the egg are set with triangular diamonds bearing the initials AF (Alexandra Fedorovna) and the date 1908.
*The Alexander III Monument egg by Faberge, also currently in the Kremlin Armory Museum in Moscow, was a gift for Tsar Nicholas II's mother. The platinum and diamond-studded egg holds a statue of the tsar's father Alexander III.
The "Clover Leaf" Faberge Egg ~ made in 1902 for Tzar Nicholas II as an Easter gift to his wife. It is one of the few Faberge eggs that have never left Russia & due to the thin gold ribbon & transparent green enamel construction, it's considered too fragile to travel.