Entire Industrial, Bare Registered, Dodge Held, Automobiles Marketing, 1932 Dodge, Engineering Floating, Floating Power, Engineering Mount, Dodge Cars
1934 DODGE SIX, DK: Following a steady shift in sales to the more economical Six, the eight-cylinder Dodge was removed from the market and the Dodge Six extended to both a 117- and 121-inch wheelbase, the latter with a different set of hood louvers. Independent coil spring front suspension was introduced and steel artillery wheels became standard. Wood spoke wheels no longer were available.
1935 DODGE, DU: During the next four years, Dodge cars appeared on a single wheelbase–116 inches. The radiator cap was moved to a place of concealment beneath the hood. Leaf springs replaced the coil in the front suspension until 1939 when coil springs were reintroduced to Dodge. These springs and other chassis components were made of a tough new steel alloy called Amola. With 155,899 shipments, Dodge was a solid fourth in sales.
1941 DODGE LUXURY LINER CUSTOM, D-19: Fluid Drive as pioneered earlier by Chrysler, was made available to a lower priced car for the first time in the 1941 Dodge. Power was transferred from the engine to the transmission by fluids with no metal connection. Also introduced on Dodge were safety rim wheels.
1930 DODGE BROTHERS EIGHT, DC: Despite the Depression, Dodge unveiled its first L-head eight-cylinder engine, in a 114-inch wheelbase car. The straight eight had a displacement of 220.7 cubic inches and was equipped with a downdraft carburetor. Another Dodge line, the Six, had a 109-inch wheelbase, one of the shortest ever made by Dodge.
1939 DODGE LUXURY LINER DELUXE, D-11: Dodge celebrated its 25th anniversary with new styling that had the head lamps integral with the front fenders and a two-piece, V-type windshield. The gear shift lever was moved from the floor to the steering column. Dodge’s “Safety Light” speedometer had a lighted bead that would glow different colors depending on car speed.
1942 DODGE DELUXE, D-22: Series names were changed to Custom and Deluxe. Running boards were concealed, and an interesting option was a buzzer that sounded if the car was driven with the handbrake on. 68,522 Dodges were built until Dodge converted entirely to wartime production in the spring of 1942, turning out hundreds of thousands of vehicles for the Armed Forces by 1946.
1933 DODGE EIGHT, DO: Slanting Vshapes gave grilles a graceful new flair. Six body styles were available in the Six, and five in the Eight. Along with other Chrysler cars, Dodge adopted the silent running, all-helical gear transmission. A new Dodge Six could be bought for $595.
1940 DODGE LUXURY LINER DELUXE, D-14: Wheelbase was extended to 119.5 inches. Sealed-beam headlights were adopted and foam rubber introduced into seat cushions. The rumble seat coupe dropped from the model line-up. At 189,643 units, Dodge accounted for 26% of the total Chrysler Corporation volume of cars built in the 1940 model year.