1935 American Austin Panel Truck. 747cc L-head inline four-cylinder engine. Three speed transmission, Four wheel mechanical drum brakes. The American Austin Car Company was established in 1929 to build a licensed version of the Austin 7. The firm would occupy the vacant Standard Steel Car Company factory in Butler, Pennsylvania. Austin contracted with Hayes Body Works to build the autos in Grand Rapids, Michigan. The bodies were to be shipped to Butler for assembly onto completed chassis.