An Exceptionally fine pair of English Flintlock Duelling Pistols by William Smith of London circa 1806-1816. William Smith was appointed Royal Gunmaker to the Prince Regent in 1817, to King George IV in 1820 and shortly thereafter appointed Gunmaker to the Emperor of Russia.
Double barrel flintlock pistol with folding bayonet presented by King George III to Sir Henry Clinton, commander of British Forces during the American Revolution. Pistol crafted by Robert Wogdon of London in 1760.
A very scarce miniature matchlock pistol, dating: circa 1600 provenance: London Smooth, octagonal barrel, worked in one piece with the stock. Hammer, spring, trigger and pan cover all made of iron. Brass ramrod under the barrel. Functioning.The pistol was found in the river Thames, it was restored by Howard Blackmore, Master of the Armouries at the Tower of London.
Flintlock pistols, Tower private proof marks, Heylin’s barrelsmith’s mark, London Silver Hallmarks for 1768 and Maker’s Mark of John King. Provenance: Probably presented to Sir John Rushout on his retirement from the House of Commons in 1768.