sign up (free!)
Also on these boards
Medieval Mural, St Mary the Virgin Church, Dover, Kent, UK - Two years after the dissolution,this church, had belonged to the Maison Dieu,was given to the parishioners by Henry VIII, who was then at Dover.King John resigned his crown,to Pandulph (Pandulf Masca),the pope's legate,in the presence of earls and barons;but that degrading ceremony took place in the house of knights templars at Swingfield,King John agreed to submit to the Pope's "apud domum militum Templi juxta Doveram."
First World War Memorial, St Mary’s Church, Dover, Kent, England, United Kingdom. North Churchyard of St Mary the Virgin, Cannon Street. Front Panel: "To the Glory of God and in Affectionate Memory of the Men of St Mary’s Parish and Congregation who gave their lives for God, King and Country in the Great War 1914-1918". Stone cross unveiled 1921 by Lieutenant-Colonel Christopher Middlemass Davidson, dedicated by Bishop of Dover. Urban, WWI History. See: www.panoramio.com...