Diana del Toro, a member of the Santa Rosa Catholic Church Youth Group, plays the part of the virgin at the Santa Rosa Catholic Church Guadalupe Festival, December 12, 1987. Del Toro is accompanied by her aunt, Elisa Flores. Robert and Betty Franklin Collection. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.
Flyer announcing the play "Who Killed Earl Wright?" Sunday evening, January 29, 1939. Performance was held at the First Baptist church in San Fernando. The cast included Julian Beck, who, according to the penned correction, replaced Fuller as the Judge in the play. Beck was an attorney in 1939, and would later become Superior Court Judge of Los Angeles County. Judge Julian Beck Collection. San Fernando Valley History.Digital Library.
Students attending class at the church school, senior department at the Woodland Hills Community Church and Community Center at 21338 Dumetz Road, 1955. Woodland Hills Community Church. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.
Program cover from the San Fernando Mission Cemetery expansion and dedication on November 1, 1953. The cemetery is located adjacent to San Fernando Mission Rey de España in Mission Hills California. The Mission was founded on September 8, 1797, and the original cemetery is located on the north side of the Church. The first internment in the Church took place in 1798, and the first burial in 1800. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.
Cover of a program from the Chatsworth Methodist Church's "Pioneer Jubilee" March 9, 1958 celebrations. The church's appointment of the first pastor was 1888. The Jubilee celebration marked the church's 70th year in existence. The church building that held the celebration was built in 1903 and was located at 10051 Topanga Canyon Boulevard. Chatsworth United Methodist Church. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.
Exterior view of the Cody Theater, located at 303 S. Brand Boulevard, San Fernando, 1923. The movie advertised on the theater's marquee is Grumpy (1923) starring prolific silent film star of the 1910s and 1920s, Theodore Roberts. San Fernando Valley Historical Society. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.
Group portrait of a class at the Lopez Station School in Granada Hills, circa 1883. The school was run by Geronimo and Catalina Lopez and was the first English speaking school in the Valley. The school closed in 1884. San Fernando Valley Historical Society. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.
Members of the North Hollywood Commerce and Industry "A" division, 1949. Left to right front row: Emery Potter, chairman; John De Leonard. Left to right rear row: Robert Draine, William F. Marsh, and Douglas J. Wright. Members were planning to canvass firms in the community for support during the approaching Community Chest campaign. San Fernando Valley Historical Society. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.