Discover and save creative ideas
    Explore these ideas and more!

    San Fernando Blessed Fruits and Flowers Festival, June 8, 1986. This event was a local ceremony that combined indigenous spiritual beliefs with Catholic blessings to ensure a bountiful harvest. Robert and Betty Franklin Collection. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.

    Historical Map of the San Fernando Valley (left side) :: San Fernando Valley History

    Native Americans posing at San Fernando Mission, circa 1880. Photo credit: Title Insurance and Trust Company. San Fernando, Rey de España. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.

    Historical Map of the San Fernando Valley (right side) :: San Fernando Valley History

    The San Fernando Power House in Sylmar, under construction in 1917. It was owned by the Los Angeles Bureau of Power and Light. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.

    Thirteen-year-old Richard Petri, a Burbank newspaper delivery boy, picks up the Valley Times for his morning route, 1949. San Fernando Valley Historical Society. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.

    Title page of the Registro de Bautismos, the Baptism Registers, San Fernando Rey de Espana Mission. It was signed by Fray Fermin Francisco de Lasuen on September 8, 1797. San Fernando, Rey de España. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.

    Program for Biennial General Federation of Women's Club Memorial Service, Hollywood Bowl, June 8, 1924. Event co-sponsored by the various women's clubs of Los Angeles including the women's clubs of the San Fernando Valley. Canoga Park Women's Club Collection. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.

    Group portrait of a class at the Lopez Station School in Granada Hills, circa 1883. The school was run by Geronimo and Catalina Lopez and was the first English speaking school in the Valley. The school closed in 1884. San Fernando Valley Historical Society. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.

    Cover of a city directory for Mission Hills, circa 1964. Features illustrations of the San Fernando Mission with the Santa Susana Mountains in the background. Directory contains information and advertisements for businesses, schools, churches and recreation in Mission Hills. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.

    Van Nuys Rotary-Gram newsletter, May 19, 1954. The Van Nuys Rotary Club was organized and chartered in 1925 to promote commerce and community service. This page of the weekly four-page newsletter, edited by Bruce Jones, features the Valley Municipal Building, the administrative center of the San Fernando Valley. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.

    Stork and baby promotional plaque representing Owensmouth, the newest town in the San Fernando Valley, March 30, 1912. This plaque was given to prospective buyers by land developers on the opening day of land sales in Owensmouth. The new town was named Owensmouth in anticipation of the water being brought from the Owens Valley via the Los Angeles Aqueduct. In 1931, the town was renamed Canoga Park. West Valley Museum. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.

    Portrait of Catarina and Caroline Pico, circa 1855. Catarina was a ward of General Andres Pico. In 1874 she married Romulo Pico, the son of General Andres Pico. San Fernando Valley Historical Society. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.

    Cartoon illustrating the closure of Lockheed's Van Nuys plant by the US Government. Original art appeared in The American Aeronaut, March 4, 1964. International Association of Machinists Collection. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.

    Samuel Marx Cooper, on left with Stan or Percy Masson in Calabasas on their motorcycles, circa 1918. Calabasas Historical Society. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.

    Earthquake damage at an apartment house in Sherman Oaks, Calif. after the Northridge earthquake of January 17, 1994. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.

    This water tank built by T. W. (Bill) Kneen in the shape of a milk bottle was built in the 1930's out of masonry. Located at Red Rock Road, Old Topanga Canyon. Photographer: A. Les Haines. Topanga Historical Society. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.

    William Ellsworth Smythe, founder of a social movement known as "Little Landers" worked with George W. Harris and Marshall Valentine Hartranft to build the "Los Terrenitos" or the "Little Lands" Colony in 1913. Smythe and his disciples believed that any man could support himself and his family on a single acre of irrigated land.The Colony struggled through economic recession and by 1920 had ceased to exist. Little Landers Historical Society. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.

    Exterior view of the Cody Theater, located at 303 S. Brand Boulevard, San Fernando, 1923. The movie advertised on the theater's marquee is Grumpy (1923) starring prolific silent film star of the 1910s and 1920s, Theodore Roberts. San Fernando Valley Historical Society. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.

    San Fernando

    Google Image Result for latimesblogs.lati...