Encino Woman's Club members admire antique silver which was shown at the club's Heirloom and Treasures Show. The proceeds from the all day event went to the club to aid club work. Mrs. H. K. Winterer and Mrs. Kenneth Fitzpatrick are pictured here. This photograph was published in the Valley Times newspaper on April 11, 1950.  San Fernando Valley Historical Society. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.

Encino Woman's Club members admire antique silver which was shown at the club's Heirloom and Treasures Show. The proceeds from the all day event went to the club to aid club work. Mrs. H. K. Winterer and Mrs. Kenneth Fitzpatrick are pictured here. This photograph was published in the Valley Times newspaper on April 11, 1950. San Fernando Valley Historical Society. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.

Cesar Chavez, founder of the United Farm Workers, is pictured here in his office, March 17, 1978. This photograph accompanied a newspaper article by Frank del Olmo, a staff writer specializing in Latin American affairs for the Los Angeles Times. Frank del Olmo Collection. Latino Cultural Heritage Digital Archives.

Cesar Chavez, founder of the United Farm Workers, is pictured here in his office, March 17, 1978. This photograph accompanied a newspaper article by Frank del Olmo, a staff writer specializing in Latin American affairs for the Los Angeles Times. Frank del Olmo Collection. Latino Cultural Heritage Digital Archives.

Jean Brockway, Field Accessible Computer Terminal System (FACTS) operator for the Glendale Police demonstrates this new technology, July, 1977. Glendale Central Public Library. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.

Jean Brockway, Field Accessible Computer Terminal System (FACTS) operator for the Glendale Police demonstrates this new technology, July, 1977. Glendale Central Public Library. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.

Peter Amestoy with Rancho Los Encinos work mule around 1908. In 1889, Domingo Amestoy bought the Rancho. This was the last time the 4,460 acre ranch was sold as a whole. In the coming years, it would slowly be sold one piece at a time.  Rancho Los Encinos. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.

Peter Amestoy with Rancho Los Encinos work mule around 1908. In 1889, Domingo Amestoy bought the Rancho. This was the last time the 4,460 acre ranch was sold as a whole. In the coming years, it would slowly be sold one piece at a time. Rancho Los Encinos. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.

Photographer Rudy Rosenberg (left) and co-worker on Victory Blvd. in the early 1930s. Burbank Historical Society. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.

Photographer Rudy Rosenberg (left) and co-worker on Victory Blvd. in the early 1930s. Burbank Historical Society. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.

San Fernando Tunnel - Newhall Pass. Construction of the tunnel began on March 22, 1875 and it was completed on July 14, 1876. Hundreds of Chinese laborers worked on the tunnel. The tunnel was considered a great engineering achievement at the time and it was important because it connected Northern and Southern California by rail. West Valley Museum. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.

San Fernando Tunnel - Newhall Pass. Construction of the tunnel began on March 22, 1875 and it was completed on July 14, 1876. Hundreds of Chinese laborers worked on the tunnel. The tunnel was considered a great engineering achievement at the time and it was important because it connected Northern and Southern California by rail. West Valley Museum. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.

Street work in Glendale, circa early 1920s. A Richfield gas station and a Gilmore Red Lion gas station are visible in the background. Glendale Central Public Library. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.

Street work in Glendale, circa early 1920s. A Richfield gas station and a Gilmore Red Lion gas station are visible in the background. Glendale Central Public Library. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.

Page 1 of the first issue of the "Daily Sundial," dated February 1, 1957. Students on campus were invited to participate in a contest in order to come up with a title for the publication.

Page 1 of the first issue of the "Daily Sundial," dated February 1, 1957. Students on campus were invited to participate in a contest in order to come up with a title for the publication.

This memorial, dedicated to the crew of the Space Shuttle Challenger, was designed by Dr. Yvonne Chan, principal at Sylmar Elementary in 1987. All grades worked on the project. Pictured (l-r): Kerrie Kaulbach, Jennifer Furman, Stacy Chambers, Marcel Jimenez, Armand Villavert, Manuel Munoz, Rosalie Monreal, Victor Montes, Jasnon Voss, Mary Hamerson, Dr. Chan, Jorge Ocampo, Eric Thompson, and Dione Brown. Robert and Betty Franklin Collection. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.

This memorial, dedicated to the crew of the Space Shuttle Challenger, was designed by Dr. Yvonne Chan, principal at Sylmar Elementary in 1987. All grades worked on the project. Pictured (l-r): Kerrie Kaulbach, Jennifer Furman, Stacy Chambers, Marcel Jimenez, Armand Villavert, Manuel Munoz, Rosalie Monreal, Victor Montes, Jasnon Voss, Mary Hamerson, Dr. Chan, Jorge Ocampo, Eric Thompson, and Dione Brown. Robert and Betty Franklin Collection. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.

Pinterest
Search