A Stutz toy car with an 18-month-old Robert Holtby of North Hollywood at the wheel, 1926. The Stutz was a type of roadster sold from 1913 to 1934 by Henry C. Stutz. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.
Tropico Post Office circa 1910. The building was owned by W. C. B. Richardson and was located at the corner of Central and San Fernando. Glendale Central Public Library. San fernando Valley History Digital Library.
These fans, which bear the message, "I'M A FAN OF VALLEY CITYHOOD," were distributed by Valley VOTE during the 2002 campaign to create a new city out of the Los Angeles communities of the San Fernando Valley. Valley Voters Organized Toward Empowerment Collection. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.
Looking north towards what is now Chatsworth Street and Sepulveda Boulevard. In the distance, the San Fernando Mission is visible, surrounded by open land. circa 1920. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.
Portrait of Catarina and Caroline Pico, circa 1855. Catarina was a ward of General Andres Pico. In 1874 she married Romulo Pico, the son of General Andres Pico. San Fernando Valley Historical Society. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.
Anna Mary Forrester was the daughter of Peter Forrester, a native of Scotland. She arrived in California about 1852 and married Benigno Pico at Misión San Luís Obispoon January 6, 1864. Anna was 87-years-old when she died at her home at 451 Mission Street, San Fernando, California, where she had resided since 1877. San Fernando Historical Society. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.
Official program for the Fiesta de la Mission San Fernando featuring Charles E. Pressley's Pageant "Prayer of the Padre" in six episodes, June 5-7, 1931. San Fernando, Rey de España. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.
Title page of the Registro de Bautismos, the Baptism Registers, San Fernando Rey de Espana Mission. It was signed by Fray Fermin Francisco de Lasuen on September 8, 1797. San Fernando, Rey de España. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.
Flyer announcing the play "Who Killed Earl Wright?" Sunday evening, January 29, 1939. Performance was held at the First Baptist church in San Fernando. The cast included Julian Beck, who, according to the penned correction, replaced Fuller as the Judge in the play. Beck was an attorney in 1939, and would later become Superior Court Judge of Los Angeles County. Judge Julian Beck Collection. San Fernando Valley History.Digital Library.
Brand Boulevard at San Fernando Road, San Fernando, circa 1925. A street car from the Van Nuys line of the Pacific Electric Railway is prominent at center. West Valley Museum. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.
Cover of a city directory for Mission Hills, circa 1964. Features illustrations of the San Fernando Mission with the Santa Susana Mountains in the background. Directory contains information and advertisements for businesses, schools, churches and recreation in Mission Hills. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.
The Brand family butler serving beverages on the tennis courts at El Miradero, circa 1910. The estate was bequeathed to the City of Glendale, and by 1956 the mansion had been converted into the Brand Library. In the 1960s, the City funded an addition to the library which created space for an art center. Glendale Central Public Library. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.
Loma Theatre Program advertising shows for May 17th through May 23rd, 1930. Shows include: "Pointed Heels" Hell Harbor" The Light of Western Stars" and "Under a Texas Moon." Burbank Historical Society. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.
Birmingham Veterans Administration Hospital - Administration Building and Nurses Quarters, Van Nuys, California. "The center building immediately behind the flag pole and circle houses only part of the administrative offices of the hospital. About 350 nurses are housed in six other buildings of the type shown here." San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.