There’s more to see...
Come take a look at what else is here!
Visit Site

Related Pins

A drinking fountain for animals located in Burbank, California. The fountain was built in 1890 by the Woman's Christian Temperance Union. Handwritten on the photograph, "Early day drinking fountain on Olive Street". Burbank Historical Society. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.

A Daughter of the Snows: The Story of the Great San Fernando Valley written by the Publicity Department, Lankershim Branch, Security Trust & Savings Bank, 1923. Canoga-Owensmouth Historical Society. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.

Program for the San Fernando Junior Cosmos Club's Follies of '57, a fund-raising event, at the Crest Theatre in San Fernando, November 4-5, 1957. San Fernando Women's Club Collection. San Fernando Valley history Digital Library.

Anna Mary Forrester was the daughter of Peter Forrester, a native of Scotland. She arrived in California about 1852 and married Benigno Pico at Misión San Luís Obispoon January 6, 1864. Anna was 87-years-old when she died at her home at 451 Mission Street, San Fernando, California, where she had resided since 1877. San Fernando Historical Society. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.

Portrait of Catarina and Caroline Pico, circa 1855. Catarina was a ward of General Andres Pico. In 1874 she married Romulo Pico, the son of General Andres Pico. San Fernando Valley Historical Society. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.

Brochure for W. P. Whitsett's free automobile tour to Van Nuys around 1912. Whitsett owned half interest in the town and was one of its greatest promoters. Los Angeles Valley College Historical Museum. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.

Dr. David Burbank, 1850. Burbank was born in New Hampshire in 1821. Trained as a dentist , he began his practice in Maine. In 1853, he moved to San Francisco and resumed his practice until 1866 when he purchased La Providencia Rancho and the western portion of the San Rafael Rancho. In 1886, Burbank sold his holdings to Los Angeles land speculators who formed the Providencia Land, Water & Development Company. Burbank Historical Society. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.

The Millionaires Club of Happiness and Contentment's philosophy, signed by Mildred W. Brigham, circa 1915-1921.The club consisted of a local group of men who met in front of the Tujunga Post Office to visit and discuss local issues. Little Landers Historical Society. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.

William Ellsworth Smythe, founder of a social movement known as "Little Landers" worked with George W. Harris and Marshall Valentine Hartranft to build the "Los Terrenitos" or the "Little Lands" Colony in 1913. Smythe and his disciples believed that any man could support himself and his family on a single acre of irrigated land.The Colony struggled through economic recession and by 1920 had ceased to exist. Little Landers Historical Society. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.