Group portrait of attendees of the first Ladies Aid meeting held in Burbank on June 14, 1900. From left to right: Mrs. H. Westerfield, Mrs. Amanda Van Winkle, Mrs. Burke Kidder, Mrs. Myers, Grace Malissa, Clara Wilcox, Earl Tonison, Mrs. Reverend S. Sprouls, Reverend S. Sprouls, Mrs. Sarah Machus, Daisy Anderson, Grandma Mc Cabe, Miss Sprouls, Mrs. Haddock, and Madelane Sproul. San Fernando Valley Historical Society. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.

The covers of two Pacific Electric Lines time tables, San Fernando Valley Service. The "Red Car" ran through the San Fernando Valley starting around 1911 and ended in the 1950's. West Valley Museum. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.

Notice of Auction Sale of Horses, San Fernando Valley, 1910. :: San Fernando Valley History

Program for the San Fernando Junior Cosmos Seventh Annual Fashion Show at Glen-Aire Country Club in Sherman Oaks, October 23, 1954. The event was a benefit to raise funds to redecorate the Young Women's Christian Association (YWCA) House in San Fernando. The show featured fashions from Lucille's 'Round the Clock shop in San Fernando and Judan Originals in Inglewood. San Fernando Women's Club Collection. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.

Exterior view of the Cody Theater, located at 303 S. Brand Boulevard, San Fernando, 1923. The movie advertised on the theater's marquee is Grumpy (1923) starring prolific silent film star of the 1910s and 1920s, Theodore Roberts. San Fernando Valley Historical Society. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.

Historical Map of the San Fernando Valley (right side) :: San Fernando Valley History

Anna Mary Forrester was the daughter of Peter Forrester, a native of Scotland. She arrived in California about 1852 and married Benigno Pico at Misión San Luís Obispoon January 6, 1864. Anna was 87-years-old when she died at her home at 451 Mission Street, San Fernando, California, where she had resided since 1877. San Fernando Historical Society. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.

Van Nuys Rotary-Gram newsletter, May 19, 1954. The Van Nuys Rotary Club was organized and chartered in 1925 to promote commerce and community service. This page of the weekly four-page newsletter, edited by Bruce Jones, features the Valley Municipal Building, the administrative center of the San Fernando Valley. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.

Group portrait of a class at the Lopez Station School in Granada Hills, circa 1883. The school was run by Geronimo and Catalina Lopez and was the first English speaking school in the Valley. The school closed in 1884. San Fernando Valley Historical Society. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.

Leonard Eilers - The Preachin' Cowboy at 80 :: San Fernando Valley History

Page from a city directory for Mission Hills, circa 1964. Features photograph of the entrance to Memory Garden, located on Brand Boulevard, an advertisement for Sizzler restaurant on Sepulveda Boulevard at Devonshire Street, and lists local sports facilities for Mission Hills. San Fernando Valley Historical Society. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.

Native Americans posing at San Fernando Mission, circa 1880. Photo credit: Title Insurance and Trust Company. San Fernando, Rey de España. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.

Flyer announcing the play "Who Killed Earl Wright?" Sunday evening, January 29, 1939. Performance was held at the First Baptist church in San Fernando. The cast included Julian Beck, who, according to the penned correction, replaced Fuller as the Judge in the play. Beck was an attorney in 1939, and would later become Superior Court Judge of Los Angeles County. Judge Julian Beck Collection. San Fernando Valley History.Digital Library.

Portrait of Catarina and Caroline Pico, circa 1855. Catarina was a ward of General Andres Pico. In 1874 she married Romulo Pico, the son of General Andres Pico. San Fernando Valley Historical Society. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.

Stork and baby promotional plaque representing Owensmouth, the newest town in the San Fernando Valley, March 30, 1912. This plaque was given to prospective buyers by land developers on the opening day of land sales in Owensmouth. The new town was named Owensmouth in anticipation of the water being brought from the Owens Valley via the Los Angeles Aqueduct. In 1931, the town was renamed Canoga Park. West Valley Museum. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.

Samuel Marx Cooper, on left with Stan or Percy Masson in Calabasas on their motorcycles, circa 1918. Calabasas Historical Society. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.

Pioneer Women's Club members, Edna Leetham in Mrs. McGroarty's Italian embroidered dress and Ethel Kramer in Grandma McReynolds white linen dress, circa 1930s. Little Landers Historical Society. San Fernando Valley History Digital Library.

African American fire fighters stationed at Hose Company No. 4, Los Angeles, CA 1919

Los Angeles, CA 1942

The Flower Street entrance of the Los Angeles Central Library, 1930’s.

Riveter at Lockheed Aircraft Corporation, Burbank, California, 1940-1945