Castle Craig, an Urquhart castle, is an impressive ruin on the Cromarty Firth. Because each floor was stone vaulted (rather than using wooden beams) it has survived to its full height since being abandoned in 1640. Granny Craig, Castles Craig, Cromartie Firth, Ancestral Scotland, Impressions Ruins, Full Heights, Craig Side, Scotland Castles, Palaces Castles Forts
Also on these boards
The Ruins of St.Andrews - The castle sits on a rocky promontory overlooking a small beach called Castle Sands and the adjoining North Sea. There has been a castle standing at the site since the times of Bishop Roger (1189-1202), son of the Earl of Leicester. It housed the burgh’s wealthy and powerful bishops while St Andrews served as the ecclesiastical centre of Scotland during the years before the Protestant Reformation.