The Marder III is the name for a series of World War II German tank destroyers built on the chassis of the Panzer 38(t). The German word Marder means "marten" in English. They were in production from 1942 to 1944 and served on all fronts until the end of the war. The Marders were mechanically reliable, as with all vehicles based on the Czechoslovak 38t chassis. Their firepower was sufficient to destroy the majority of Soviet tanks on the battlefield at combat range.
The test tank KV-2 gun with the ZIS-6 tank gun of increased power, created by Soviet designers, under the leadership of Basil Gavrilovic hrabina designed for tanks KV-3, KV-4 and KV-5, which never went to series. In early may 1941 the prototype gun ZIS-6 was installed in the tower tank KV-2. May 14, 1941, was made the first shot.