The remains of the Stepney Nature Study Museum in the churchyard of St George's in the East. It was created in 1904 by curate Claude Hinscliffe (who would later found the Church League for Women's Suffrage with his wife) with a £253 1s 2d donation by an anonymous benefactor.
John Galt, a London City Missionary, took this photo of the mission hall in Grundy Street, Poplar, around 1900-1907. It was one of many small houses set up in poor areas by the London City Mission to offer inter-denominational evangelism, free children education through so-called "Ragged Schools" and help to the needy. A poster advertises a gospel service to be held that evening.
Taken Jan 23, 1903 on Brompton Road. The Great Northern Piccadilly and Brompton Railway Company were in the process of building the Piccadilly Line. The photographs formed part of a legal record of the condition of the buildings above the new line. Brompton Road Station... didn’t have a long life... It closed in 1934.